Economic strain in households (%)
Most recent data period
Most recent data release
Next data release
Economic strain is determined by asking respondents to assess household’s ability to cover the following costs:
- utility costs, rent and credit payments (including loans and purchase instalments for purchase of goods);
- keeping the dwelling warm;
- unexpected expenses covered from own resources;
- a meal with meat, chicken or fish or equivalent vegetarian meal every second day;
- one week annual holiday away from home.
Households which give a negative answer to at least two questions are considered to be subjected to economic strain.