Expenditure and investment on ICT in enterprises
Data on enterprise expenditure and investment in information and communication technologies (ICT) are compiled to obtain qualitative and internationally comparable statistical information on enterprise expenditure and investment in information and communication technologies.
Concepts and definitions
Investment in information and communication technologies
Expenditure in information and communication technologies
Data collection and statistical processing
Survey method and data source
Data are obtained by implementing sample survey. Data source are:
- CSB report on expenditure for information and communication technologies (questionnaire 2-ICT expenditure);
- Survey on structural indicators of enterprises carried out by the CSB;
- Information from VAT declarations submitted by enterprises to State Revenue Service.
Enterprises are broken down by sectors by their main kind of activity, accordingly NACE Rev. 2, as well as into three groups by the number of employed.
Survey population includes economically active:
- Merchants of the following sectors (manufacturing, electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply, water supply, sewerage, waste management and remediation activities, construction, trade, hotels and restaurants, transportation and storage, information and communication, real estate activities, professional, scientific and technical activities, administrative and support service activities and repair of communication equipment (according to NACE Rev. 2 classification,sections C–J; N and divisions 69–74, and group 95.1));
- Peasant and fishermen farms with corresponding NACE code and which were active during the previous year.
The survey included economically active merchants with the number of employed 10 and more. All enterprises of the previously mentioned sectors with at least 250 employees were surveyed. Other enterprises are surveyed with the help of simple stratified sample where stratification is carried out according to main kind of activity of the enterprise and the number of employed. Survey population does not include state and local government budgetary institutions, societies, foundations, funds, self-employed persons.
Activity of respondents
Information obtained from the respondents included in the sample is expanded using the weights allotted to each sampling unit. To decrease respondent burden, separate indicators, according to plan, are imputed from complex report on enterprise activity (questionnaire 1-Annual). For imputation SRS data from VAT declarations are also used.
Data are collected and published using Statistical Classification of Economic Activities (NACE Rev. 2).
Contact person on methodology
Trade and Services Statistics Section