Investments in and current expenditure on enviromental protection
Statistics on investments in and current expenditure on environmental protection provide information on investments in environmental protection measures in breakdown by environmental fields and current expenditure on maintenance of objects of environmental significance.
Terms and definitions
Investments in environmental protection
Current expenditure on environmental protection
Environmental protection expenditure
Survey method and data source
Data are acquired with the help of sample survey.
Data source is CSB statistical report form 1-VA "Report on Expenditure on Protection of Natural Resources and Environment".
All economically active businesses:
- enterprises with 100 employees and more with NACE Rev. 2 codes 08–34, 39 and 49;
- enterprises with 20 employees and more with NACE Rev. 2 codes 35, 36, 37, 38 and 39 (from 2017);
- enterprises with NACE Rev.2 code 46 and 47 and number of employees >=250 (from 2016);
- enterprises with NACE Rev.2 code 37, 38, 39 and VAT amount > 300 thousand euro (from 2017);
- enterprises whose annual turnover is 50% of total turnover of the industry (from 2017).
Other companies employing 20 and more persons are surveyed with the help of random sampling, and data are extrapolated.
Target population does not include individual enterprises and private branches of companies owned by one person, peasant and fishermen farms, public organisations and budgetary institutions; enterprises with number of employees from 0 to 19 and whose annual turnover do not exceed 50% of total turnover of the industry, as well as enterprises with signs of liquidation.
Data are compiled and published by using:
- Classification of Administrative Territories and Territorial Units of the Republic of Latvia (CATTU);
- Statistical Classification of Economic Activities (NACE Rev. 2).
Contact person on methodology
Environment and Energy Statistics Section