Housing stock and management of the housing stock
Data on housing stock are used to estimate provision of the resident population with it. Data on management of housing stock are compiled with an aim to acquire information on management and rent of residential buildings.
Concepts and definitions
Management of the housing stock
Rent of living premises
The rent of living premises is the transfer of the rights to use the living premises on charge to the other person.
The rights to use the living premises to the other person can be transferred by the owner or manager of the living premises, as well as by the self-government, if the person has obtained the living area on legal bases in compliance with the law "On the help in the solution of the housing questions".
The subject of the hire contract can be separate dwelling, part of the dwelling or residential house. A part of the dwelling or room giving access to another, as well as the auxiliary premises (kitchen, passageway, storeroom etc.) cannot be the separate subject of the hire contract.
Hire of living premises
The hire of the living premises is composed of:
- The part of the residential dwelling management expenditure, which is proportional to the floor space of the living premises;
The management expenditure consists of:
- Expenditure necessary to maintain the residential house (dwelling sanitary and technical maintenance, payments for the management and service stuff);
- Provision fund assets;
- Obligatory payments fixed by the law (Real Estate tax, etc.);
- The rental for the usage of the land, if the residential dwelling is located on land owned by other person.
Permanent residents are inhabitants who permanently live in the flats or residential premises of the housing stock including those who are in temporary absence.
Data collection and statistical processing
Survey method and data source
Data on housing stock are acquired basing on the results of the Population and Housing Census.
During the time period between Censuses, housing stock is calculated by using data of the State Land Service Real Estate State Cadastre information system.
Data on management of housing sock are acquired by compiling data of the CSB report form 5-housing stock "Survey on management of housing stock".
Data on management of the housing stock are acquired from enterprises managing own, rented or supervised housing stock (NACE Rev.2. 68.20, 68.32).
- Key indicators are "Income from management of residential premises" and "Rent of residential premises";
- Survey covers enterprises managing housing stock exceeding 100 square meters and housing stock management turnover of which exceeds EUR 1 423 (in Riga – EUR 7 114) per year;
- Sample ensures coverage at breakdown by statistical region.
|Year||Number of surveyed enterprise|
Housing stock management income are calculated by dividing the total income from management of housing stock with annual average area of housing stock.
Data on housing stock and management of the housing stock are compiled by using:
- Classification of the Administrative Territories and Territorial Units (CATTU);
- Classification of Types of Constructions.
Data are not adjusted after publishing.