Commissioning of buildings
Data on residential buildings commissioned, number and floor space of dwellings are used to estimate construction output in administrative territories of the Republic of Latvia: number of dwellings commissioned, total floor space thereof, as well as the total floor space of the buildings commissioned (in breakdown by type of construction).
Concepts and definitions
Data collection and statistical processing
Survey method and data source
The data on buildings erected and number of dwellings as well as floor space thereof are collected from CSB Report on Building Permits Granted, New Construction and Commissioning of Buildings (questionnaire 1-BA) and Construction Information System.
The survey covers cities under state jurisdiction and counties: 110 local governments of counties and 9 councils of cities under state jurisdiction. The data on 2018 by using questionnaire 1-BA are collected from 20 local governments, information on other local governments is acquired from Construction Information System.
The data are revised in case it is necessary to add revised or more detailed information on some of the previous periods or due to the changes in methodology or classifications. Revision of annual data is not made.
The data are collected using:
- Classification of Administrative Territories and Territorial Units (CATTU).
- Regulations of the Cabinet No 326 "Regulations on Classification of Buildings" of 12 June 2018.
The data are collected and compiled on the following types of construction:
- one-dwelling buildings (excluding summer cottages and garden-houses);
- summer cottages and garden-houses;
- two- and more dwelling buildings;
- hotels and similar buildings;
- office buildings;
- wholesale and retail trade buildings;
- traffic and communication buildings;
- industrial buildings and warehouses;
- public entertainment, education, hospital or institutional care buildings;
- other non-residential buildings.
Contact person on methodology
Industrial and Construction Statistics Section