Purchase prices and price indices of agricultural products
The data on purchase prices and indices of agricultural products are used to calculate value index of agricultural products as well as for the sector analysis.
Terms and definitions
Price indices of agricultural output
The indices characterise changes in agricultural product prices taking place during a certain time period over a base period. Total agricultural output price is estimated considering average weighted prices of separate products, using estimates of the Economic Accounts for Agriculture on the base year as the weights.
Average purchase price of grain, pulses and rape
The mean agreed price at which processing and procurement enterprises and businesses are purchasing grain, pulses and rape from agricultural holdings during the corresponding time period.
Average purchase price for meat in slaughter weight
Average purchase price of milk
Survey method and data source
Data are acquired with the help of calculations, by using following data sources:
- CSB statistical report forms:
- 21-ls "Report on production and sale of agricultural products" (until 2016);
- 21-LS (Crop) "Report on production and sale of crop products" (from 2017);
- 1-flowers and seedlings "Report on floriculture and nursery activities";
- 5-purchase "Report in purchase of flax products";
- 1-purchase "Report on purchase of grain, pulses and rape";
- 11-purchase "Report on purchase of livestock products and slaughtering of livestock";
- 3-ls "Livestock";
- 1-poultry "Report on poultry farming";
- Agricultural Data Centre data from the Milk Producer Register;
- Agricultural Data Centre information from the Slaughterhouse Electronic Reporting System;
- Data of the Institute of Agricultural Resources and Economics on prices of agricultural products.
Agricultural product procurement and processing enterprises and economic active agricultural holdings.
All slaughter houses accredited by the Food and Veterinary Service, which purchase livestock for slaughtering from agricultural holdings, as well as which provide slaughtering services.
2010 and 2015