|PC041. Consumer price changes by commodity groups (ECOICOP) by Year/ Month, Commodity group (ECOICOP) and Price changes|
|GOODS AND SERVICES - TOTAL|
|12-month average over the previous 12-month average||% over the previous period||% over the corresponding period of previous year|
Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia (CSB) informs:
1) Since January 1, 2016 calculation of Consumer Price Index, Harmonised Consumer Price Index and Harmonised Consumer Price Index of Constant Tax Rate is based on European Classification of Individual Consumption according to Purpose (ECOICOP).
This classification provides data users with price indices at more detailed breakdown (up to sub-class level for selected groups). ECOICOP will replace COICOP that was used before. In the CSB database Price indices for periods till 2015 will be available according to COICOP.
Transition to ECOICOP will not affect previously published data as ECOICOP and COICOP correspond to each other till class level.
2) Along with the publication of a news release on changes of consumer prices in May 2016, also names of consumer price indices for all ECOICOP levels published on the CSB database have been revised. The revision has been made according to the Annex I to the REGULATION (EU) 2016/792 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 11 May 2016 on harmonised indices of consumer prices and the house price index, and repealing Council Regulation (EC) No 2494/95. Revision of the ECOICOP level names has impact neither on consumer price index values and coverage nor on already published or future periods.
Explanation of symbols in database
Statistics by theme
- General Statistics
- Economy and Finances
- Population and Social Processes
- Industry, Construction, Housing, Trade and Services, Structural Business Statistics
- Transport and Tourism
- Foreign Trade
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Environment and Energy
- Science and Technology
- Population Census
- Agricultural Census
- Statistical Data on EU Countries
- Statistics of the 1920s – 1930s