Use of statistics in planning of development will be discussed
On April 24 in Riga, hotel "Radisson BLU Daugava", a conference for data users "Statistics for Knowledge Based Society" will take place. In this conference producers of official statistics – experts from Eurostat and CSB of Latvia – and data users – economists, scientists, representatives of ministries, enterprises and media – will discuss the meaning of statistics and share their experience on the use of statistics in decision making processes and in science.
Successful use of statistics, so that it becomes an informative wealth which helps assessing today and create future, is inconceivable without cooperation between users of data and producers of statistics. The conference is intended to provide a forum, where parties involved – producers and users of statistics – can get to know, hear and understand each other.
Participants of the conference will share their experience regarding use of statistical data according to three thematic blocks:
- Development of Latvia's and Europe's labour market, social inclusion and welfare – how statistical data can help in evaluation of welfare level of the population;
- Statistical data for policy planning and evaluation – how to create evidence-based development planning;
- Statistical data in media room – use of data in journalism and their meaning in presentation of community events.
The conference will be opened by Aija Žīgure, President of the CSB, and Mariana Kotzeva, Deputy Director-General of Eurostat. There will be 16 field professionals, of which Anna Zdanoviča, researcher from Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies (BICEPS), Agnese Rutkovska, economist from the Bank of Latvia, Jānis Hermanis, expert from Employers’ Confederation of Latvia (LDDK), Inga Spriņģe, editor from the Centre for Investigative Journalism „Re:Baltica” and other experts that will share their experience on the use of statistical information.
The conference is foreseen for analysts of economic and social processes, strategic development specialists, journalists and representatives of other fields.
The conference is organized by Eurostat and Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia in cooperation with "Diena Business Conference".
More information on the agenda and speakers of the conference is available in homepage eu2015.csb.gov.lv in section "Statistics for Knowledge Based Society". It will be possible to watch the conference online.
Public Relations Manager
Tel. +371 67366924, mob. +371 27880666
E-mail: beate [dot] danusevica [at] csb [dot] gov [dot] lv
Statistics by theme
- General Statistics
- Economy and Finances
- Population and Social Processes
- Industry, Construction, Housing, Trade and Services, Structural Business Statistics
- Transport and Tourism
- Foreign Trade
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Environment and Energy
- Science and Technology
- Population Census
- Agricultural Census
- Statistical Data on EU Countries
- Statistics of the 1920s – 1930s