Non-financial investment in Latvia in the 4th quarter of 2010
Non-financial investment* in Latvia in 2010 comprised 1337.1 mln lats (at current prices), of which in the 4th quarter – 513.7 mln lats, according to the data of Central Statistical Bureau.
In 2010, compared to 2009, volume of non-financial investment at constant prices reduced by 19.5%, but in the 4th quarter of 2010, compared to the 4th quarter of 2009, by 3.3%.
Investment in residential and other buildings, constructions and structures in the 4th quarter of 2010 accounted for 44.0% or 226.2 mln lats of the total non-financial investment, 36.1% or 185.4 mln lats – in technological machinery and equipment, 16.1% or 82.9 mln lats – in other fixed assets and inventories, 3.8% or 19.2 mln lats – in long-term investment in intangible fixed assets.
In the 4th quarter of 2010 27% or 139.4 mln lats of the total non-financial investments were invested in public administration and defence; compulsory social security, 138.7 mln lats or 27% - in industry, 82.2 mln lats or 16% - in transport and storage, 31.0 mln lats or 6% - in information and communication services.
Non-financial investment by kind of activity
Total (at current prices), mln lats
2010 at constant prices, % over 2009
4th quarter of 2010 (at constant prices), % over 4th quarter of 2009
4th quarter of 2010
agriculture, forestry and fishing
wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles
transport and storage
information and communication services
public administration and defence; compulsory social security
* Non-financial investment includes long-term intangible investments (development costs, concessions, patents, licences, trade marks and similar rights), investment in residential buildings, other structures and buildings, long-term greeneries, technological machinery and equipment, other fixed assets and stock, as well as formation of fixed assets and costs of unfinished construction objects and major repair.
More information on non-financial investments in Latvia is available in the data bases on the home page of CSB.
Prepared by the Investment and Real Estate Statistics Section
Statistics by theme
- General Statistics
- Economy and Finances
- Population and Social Processes
- Industry, Construction, Housing, Trade and Services, Structural Business Statistics
- Transport and Tourism
- Foreign Trade
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Environment and Energy
- Science and Technology
- Population Census
- Agricultural Census
- Statistical Data on EU Countries
- Statistics of the 1920s – 1930s