Non-financial investment in Latvia in the 2nd quarter of 2010
Non-financial investment* in Latvia in the 2nd quarter of 2010 was 250.3 mln lats (at current prices), according to the Central Statistical Bureau.
In the 2nd quarter of 2010, compared to the 2nd quarter of previous year, value of non-financial investment (at constant prices) reduced by 38.7%. Investment in residential and other buildings, constructions and structures in the 2nd quarter of 2010 accounted for 47.0% or 117.5 mln lats of the total non-financial investment, 32.6% or 81.7 mln lats – in technological machinery and equipment, 17.0% or 42.4 mln lats – in other fixed assets and inventories, 3.4% or 8.7 mln lats – in long-term investment in intangible fixed assets. In the 2nd quarter of 2010 35.2% or 88.2 mln lats of the total non-financial investments were invested in industry, 37.6 mln lats or 15.0% - in public administration and defence; compulsory social security, 31.4 mln lats or 12.5% - in transport and storage, 18.1 mln lats or 7.2% - in information and communication services.
In the 1st half of 2010, compared to the 1st half of 2009, non-financial investment reduced by 42.7%, of which in industry – by 33.7%. In its turn, in information and communication services in the 1st half of 2010, compared to the same period of previous year, they have increased by 6.7%, which were invested in the modernization of system.
Non-financial investment by kind of activity
(at current prices,
1st half of 2010 (at constant prices), % over 1st half of 2009
2nd quarter of 2010 (at constant prices), % over 2nd quarter of 2009
1st half of 2010
2nd quarter of 2010
agriculture, forestry and fishing
wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles
transport and storage
information and communication services
real estate activities
public administration and defence; compulsory social security
* Non-financial investment includes information on long-term intangible investments (development costs, concessions, patents, licences, trade marks and similar rights), investment in residential buildings, other structures and buildings, technological machinery and equipment, other fixed assets and stock, as well as formation of fixed assets and costs of unfinished construction objects and major repair.
More information on non-financial investments in Latvia is available in the data bases on the home page of CSB.
Prepared by the Investment and Real Estate Statistics Section
Statistics by theme
- General Statistics
- Economy and Finances
- Population and Social Processes
- Industry, Construction, Housing, Trade and Services, Structural Business Statistics
- Transport and Tourism
- Foreign Trade
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Environment and Energy
- Science and Technology
- Population Census
- Agricultural Census
- Statistical Data on EU Countries
- Statistics of the 1920s – 1930s