Non-financial investment in Latvia in the 1st quarter of 2010
Non-financial investment* in Latvia in the 1st quarter of 2010 was 171.5 mln lats, a decrease of 48.2% (at constant prices) on the 1st quarter of 2009, according to the Central Statistical Bureau.
Investment in residential and other buildings, constructions and structures in the 1st quarter of 2010 accounted for 32.3% or 55.3 mln lats of the total non-financial investment, 47.3% or 81.2 mln lats – in technological machinery and equipment, 16.7% or 28.7 mln lats – in other fixed assets and inventories, 3.7% or 6.3 mln lats – in long-term investment in intangible fixed assets.
In 1st quarter of 2010 30.4% or 52.2 mln lats of the total non-financial investments were invested in industry, in information and communication services – 24.7 mln lats or 14.4%, in public administration and defence; compulsory social security – 23.8 mln lats or 13.9%. Major investment was in the construction of Slavu overpass of 2nd stage of the Southern Bridge project, in the construction of National Library, in the modernization of information and communication system, in the renovation of Pauls Stradins Clinical University Hospital.
In the 1st quarter of 2010, compared to the 4th quarter of 2009, non-financial investment reduced by 67.8%, of which in industry – by 63.1%.
Non-financial investment by kind of activity
Non-financial investments, at current prices, in mln lats
I-III 2010 (at constant prices), % over I-III 2009
I-III 2010 (at constant prices), % over X-XII 2009
agriculture, forestry and fishing
wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles
transport and storage
information and communication
real estate activities
public administration and defence; compulsory social security
* Non-financial investment includes long-term intangible investments (development costs, concessions, patents, licences, trade marks and similar rights), investment in residential buildings, other structures and buildings, long-term greeneries, technological machinery and equipment, other fixed assets and stock, as well as formation of fixed assets and costs of unfinished construction objects and major repair.
More information on non-financial investments in Latvia is available in the data bases on the home page of CSB.
Prepared by the Investment and Real Estate Statistics Section
Statistics by theme
- General Statistics
- Economy and Finances
- Population and Social Processes
- Industry, Construction, Housing, Trade and Services, Structural Business Statistics
- Transport and Tourism
- Foreign Trade
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Environment and Energy
- Science and Technology
- Population Census
- Agricultural Census
- Statistical Data on EU Countries
- Statistics of the 1920s – 1930s