On Flash Estimate of Gross Domestic Product in the 4th quarter of 2011
In accordance with the flash estimate of the CSB, compared to the 4th quarter of 2010, Gross Domestic Product (GDP) volume in the 4th quarter of 2011 has increased by 5.0%, according to seasonally non-adjusted data*. The growth in industry of 4% and in trade of 9% had a positive effect on the GDP; also the volume of the collected taxes on products increased by 9%. Construction sector continues to grow as well.
Compared to the 3rd quarter of 2011, the GDP in the 4th quarter of 2011 has increased by 0.8%, according to seasonally adjusted data.
|GDP volume changes in the 1st QTR 2008 - 4th QTR 2011, at constant prices|
More precise and extended rate and value of the GDP in the fourth quarter of 2011 will be published in the press release of 9 March 2012.
* Flash estimate includes forecast for changes in the economy at constant prices. Calculations are based on currently available short-term statistical data and econometric models.
Prepared by Quarterly National Accounts Section
Statistics by theme
- General Statistics
- Economy and Finances
- Population and Social Processes
- Industry, Construction, Housing, Trade and Services, Structural Business Statistics
- Transport and Tourism
- Foreign Trade
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Environment and Energy
- Science and Technology
- Population Census
- Agricultural Census
- Statistical Data on EU Countries
- Statistics of the 1920s – 1930s