On Flash Estimate of Gross Domestic Product in the 4th quarter of 2009
In the 4th quarter of 2009 compared to the same period of 2008 gross domestic product (GDP) value has decreased by 17.7%, according to flash estimate of the CSB*. It was determined by reduction of value in retail trade by 30%, in industry – by 7%, in public administration – by 15%. Also the value of not collected product taxes influenced GDP.
Compared to the 3rd quarter of 2009, GDP growth comprises 2.4%.
Changes of GDP in the 1st quarter of 2004 - 4th quarter of 2009, at constant prices
More precise and extended rate and value of GDP increase on the fourth quarter of 2009 will be published in the press release of March 11, 2010.
* Flash estimate includes change forecast of all economics at constant prices. Calculations are based on short-term statistics data and econometric models available at the moment.
Prepared by Quarterly National Accounts Section
Statistics by theme
- General Statistics
- Economy and Finances
- Population and Social Processes
- Industry, Construction, Housing, Trade and Services, Structural Business Statistics
- Transport and Tourism
- Foreign Trade
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Environment and Energy
- Science and Technology
- Population Census
- Agricultural Census
- Statistical Data on EU Countries
- Statistics of the 1920s – 1930s