On Flash Estimate of Gross Domestic Product in the 2nd quarter of 2012
In accordance with the flash estimate of the CSB*, compared to the 2nd quarter of 2011, volume of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the 2nd quarter of 2012 increased by 5.1%, according to seasonally non-adjusted data. The growth in industry and in trade of 7% had a significant positive effect on the GDP. Increase was also recorded in the construction sector. The volume of the collected taxes on products rose by 9%.
Compared to the 1st quarter of 2012, in the 2nd quarter of 2012 the GDP increased by 1.0%, according to seasonally adjusted data.
More precise and extended rate and volume of the GDP in the second quarter of 2012 will be published in the press release of 7 September 2012
* Flash estimate includes forecast for changes in the economy at constant prices. Calculations are based on currently available short-term statistical data and econometric models.
Prepared by Quarterly National Accounts Section
Statistics by theme
- General Statistics
- Economy and Finances
- Population and Social Processes
- Industry, Construction, Housing, Trade and Services, Structural Business Statistics
- Transport and Tourism
- Foreign Trade
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Environment and Energy
- Science and Technology
- Population Census
- Agricultural Census
- Statistical Data on EU Countries
- Statistics of the 1920s – 1930s