On Flash Estimate of Gross Domestic Product in the 1st quarter of 2012
In accordance with the flash estimate of the CSB*, compared to the 1st quarter of 2011, Gross Domestic Product (GDP) volume in the 1st quarter of 2012 increased by 6.8%, according to seasonally non-adjusted data. The growth in industry of 11% and in trade of 10% had a positive effect on the GDP; also the volume of the collected taxes on products increased by 20%. Construction sector continues to grow as well.
Compared to the 4th quarter of 2011, the GDP in the 1st quarter of 2012 increased by 1.0%, according to seasonally adjusted data.
|GDP volume changes in the 1st QTR 2009 - 1st QTR 2012, at constant prices|
More precise and extended rate and value of the GDP in the first quarter of 2012 will be published in the press release of 8 June 2012.
Prepared by Quarterly National Accounts Section
* Flash estimate includes forecast for changes in the economy at constant prices. Calculations are based on currently available short-term statistical data and econometric models.
Statistics by theme
- General Statistics
- Economy and Finances
- Population and Social Processes
- Industry, Construction, Housing, Trade and Services, Structural Business Statistics
- Transport and Tourism
- Foreign Trade
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Environment and Energy
- Science and Technology
- Population Census
- Agricultural Census
- Statistical Data on EU Countries
- Statistics of the 1920s – 1930s