On Flash Estimate of Gross Domestic Product in the 1st quarter of 2010
In the 1st quarter of 2010 compared to the same period of 2009 gross domestic product (GDP) value at constant prices (seasonally unadjusted) has decreased by 6.0%, according to flash estimate of the CSB*. Increase of values in industry comprised 9.6%. In its turn, there was a drop in other sectors, especially, in construction. Compared to the 4th quarter of 2009, GDP decrease comprises 19.2%.
|Changes of GDP in 1st quarter of 2004 - 1st quarter of 2010, at constant prices (seasonally unadjusted)|
According to seasonally adjusted data, compared to the 1st quarter of 2009 GDP has reduced by 5.1%, but compared to the 4th quarter of 2009 – it increased by 0.3%.
More precise and extended rate and volume of GDP increase on first quarter of 2010 will be published in the press release of June 9, 2010.
* Flash estimate includes change forecast of all economics at constant prices. Calculations are based on short-term statistics data and econometric models available at the moment.
Prepared by Quarterly National Accounts Section
Statistics by theme
- General Statistics
- Economy and Finances
- Population and Social Processes
- Industry, Construction, Housing, Trade and Services, Structural Business Statistics
- Transport and Tourism
- Foreign Trade
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Environment and Energy
- Science and Technology
- Population Census
- Agricultural Census
- Statistical Data on EU Countries
- Statistics of the 1920s – 1930s